I am also available to give talks / lectures on a variety of topics that I have experience in. My talks can be appropriate for all groups, all ages and all situations. I always like to make sure my talks are fun, engaging and are often interactive. Topics that I am able to give talks on include:
- Music & the brain - how does it work?
- Accessible Music Technology - making music accessible to all
- Music & Autism
- Developing yourself as a working musician
- Getting a qualification/degree in music: where next?
- Music Production
- Community Music
- Developing local music scenes - Swansea Music Hub
- Organising and Running a festival: The Swansea Fringe Festival
I can also do a combination of these talks or tailor my talk to your needs. For a quote/more information, please contact email@example.com
Musically Speaking - TedX Swansea - June 2018
"Music is a part of being human. This is why musician Simon Parton believes that everyone has the ability to be creative, regardless of his or her capabilities, and everybody should have access to music making. Speaking from personal experience, Simon reveals the benefits that music can offer people with autism. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at https://www.ted.com/tedx"
I was really lucky to be invited to give a TedX talk in Swansea about my work and research on autism, music and technology.